Friday, October 28, 2011

Meet Simone our first Female Cycling Ambassador

After some great entries for the Bike n Bean & Specialized Female Cycling Ambassador last August, we chose Simone Evans for her enthusiasm and great organisation skills to get more women out on their bikes.


Simone is the Centre Manager at Diamond Valley Sports & Fitness Centre. She enjoys cycling with her husband, son and son's girlfriend. She participates in organised rides such as Round the Bay, Eastlink Ride and the Genovese Kinglake Ride.


Simone chose the Ruby Comp as her Specialized bike of choice, along with some Specialized accessories to complete the look. Simone was officially handed her bike on 10th October at the Celebration of Local Cycling Heroes Charity Dinner, where she was presented an award for her enthusiasm and for being the first ever Female Cycling Ambassador for Bike n Bean and Specialized Australia.


Simone and her Ruby at the Local Cycling Heroes Awards

Here's an account of Simone's first ride out on the Ruby:


On the 16th of October I rode my 7th Around the bay in a day 100kms. This was an exciting day as it was the first ride on my new Specialized Ruby and after spending over 3 hours with Paul fitting Ruby to me I felt a little nervous but excited at the same time. It was fantastic lining up at the starting line on a brand new bike, I had not yet taken her out on the road as I wanted to ride this event as the first time on Ruby. Well within 2kms I realized everything Paul had told me I felt like I was sitting on my couch at home I was so comfortable! After 4 hours of riding in rain and head winds and 100kms down I wanted more! I cannot wait until our (myself and Ruby) next adventure!!!! 


Simone is hoping to organise and lead a regular shop ride, more details to come. Follow her cycling stories as she promotes cycling on our blog and facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment