Thursday, March 15, 2012

Benefits of a Bike

Our very own store owner Nicola recently was featured in the Herald Sun 'Body & Soul' edition 10th March on the Benefits of Bike riding.  For the full story, click here.



Get fit fast

Nicola Davis, 33, Kinglake Mountain, VIC

"Before I fell pregnant, I was a recreational cyclist. I attempted the odd commute into work but that was it. However, after the baby was born my cycling-mad husband Paul decided to start up a bike store and cafe. I quit work to help him and without my city wage, our car became a luxury. We used bikes instead.

"I was amazed how easy it was. I'd put my baby in a front-mounted baby seat to drop her at creche and would cycle up to 15 kilometres to do chores without even thinking about it.

It was definitely a fantastic post-pregnancy workout.

"Now that I have a second daughter, I pull them both along in a Chariot CX2 bike trailer. It has a big storage compartment for shopping and great water protection so if it rains, it's only me who gets damp! As I can unhook it and use it as a pram, it's very convenient when we go to the shopping mall. People are always interested in it so it's been a great conversation starter.

"I've even convinced my mum to ride a bike and she's getting more confident by the day. In fact our next family holiday is to cycle the rail trail from Beechworth to Bright and she's coming along."

No comments:

Post a Comment