Wednesday, September 7, 2011

3 Days to go, Diary of a (potential) World Cycling Champion Shannon Johnson

3 Days to Race Day
Well im happy to have finally had a sleep in!! Was woken up at 5.30 by ph call, bounced it then went back to sleep and woke up at 8.15!! What makes it even better is the sun is out & no clouds (yet). Off to enjoy the Raddisons amazing breakfast (would be so easy to pack on the kgs staying here) then a final recon of the second RR loop, the most important one! Get a massage then hit the road back to Tournai to stay with Renaud Lamarque so I can get some service work done on my bikes...

Well I'm back in Tournai, recon rides for the Worlds TT & RR done. Did another lap of second loop today to check a few things, 960meters of climbing on that loop alone.... This for the whole race there is 1.7k of vert!!! Time to give the bikes a clean and polish check every nut & bolt reload the van and head back ready to do battle!!

Just got email confirmation of my race numbers: 191 for TT 110 for RR. Start time for TT is 12.59pm Friday, so hopefully by 1.30 I will be rolling over the finish line!!! The descent of the two long climbs is wide open and require massive balls to leave the brakes off! If its dry I know I will make some time here, also from what I have learnt over recent weeks from Shane Miller about when to hit it I think will help me at critical moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment